Friday, January 4, 2013

Space Themed Wine Accessories

My wife and I have not known a time when there was not a Space Shuttle. Space holds a particular fascination as well as all things NASA. (As I write this, I'm starring at my 2003 Lego model of the International Space Station, which looks wildly different from its current configuration.) But behold my surprise to find that there's a Space Shuttle wine on Amazon.

A more fictional representation of space ship is on display in this Space Ship corkscrew bottle opener. The cokscrew portion looks like flame or plumes comig from the engine, giving the whole device an animated appearance.

Thinking of the Space Shuttle always reminds me what happened to my wife in I in February, 2003 and how we were able to brighten someone's day. Growing up, my wife had an Astronaut Cabbage Patch Doll like this one. She decided to part with it in early 2003 and listed it in late January, 2003. It sold a couple days after the Columbia disaster on February 1st, 2003. When she went to package it, she noticed the mailing address was a NASA facility in Texas. Hopefully, that doll went on to brighten a few people's days in an otherwise dark time.

No comments:

Post a Comment