Wednesday, December 12, 2012

What I'm Drinking: Oliver Winery Soft White Wine

Oliver Winery has three 'Soft' wines Red, White, and Rose. All of these are Semi-sweet wines, with a gentle taste. I've heard these wines described as Kool-Aid wines due to how easy they are to drink. The acidity, bitterness, and alcohol levels are all low. When present, the tannins are low as well.

Right now, I'm drinking the Soft White, which is made from Niagra grapes, a North American variety which is a cross between the Concorde (which is used in their Soft Red wine) and the Cassady grape. This wine is the sweetest I've had yet and if I were to classify the wine, I'd call it a Sweet wine.

The wine's is very clear with a light hay color and a fruity scent. Complex, this wine is not. Yet, it is refreshing, tasty, and affordable. For all these traits, I give the wine a 65 out of 100 for its price point ($6 to $8 a bottle).

But for me, the best feature of this bottle is that its sealed with a screwcap so that the wine has stayed fresh for the first few glasses from the bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment