Sunday, November 25, 2012

Turkey Leftover ideas

This year, I had to drive for Thanksgiving, so I didn't pick a bottle to pair of wine to pair with our Turkey. For those of you that did, what did you select? I had my eye on Easley' Wineries Traminette, which is the state grape of Indiana. Any dry white wine should be a good choice (though if you're white meat is over cooked, I'd go for a Semi-Sweet wine or else you'll feel like you've been walking in a desert all day. Riesling or Sauvignon Blanc should be safe choices. Pinot Noir is a traditional favorite Red wine to pair with Thanksgiving. I think the spiciness of Syrah/Shiraz or Gewurztraminer are more adventurous choices, but could stand up to a heavily seasoned bird.

For those of you who have plenty of leftovers like I do, we need some recipes to make use of all of our turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes. Here's a few ways recipes to make use of those leftovers while also adding a bit of wine to the pot.

Turkey Tetrazzini

Turkey Chili

Turkey & Red Wine stew

Pioneer Turkey Tetrazzini

White wine gravy

Red Wine gravy

No comments:

Post a Comment